Let’s face it, choosing a name for your pet is serious business. Not only will your companion be saddled with the name for their entire life, you’ll probably be yelling it a lot, too! So, with that said, here, according to the website kittentoob.com, are the most popular names for cats so far this year:
- Whiskers – The most popular name for cats in history. This year is no exception. It fits cats with exceptionally long whiskers best.
- Princess – A popular name for years, which lends a regal heir to your kitty.
- Tom – A standard name for male cats that’s been around for years.
- Tiger – A popular name for orange or striped cats. Some breeds really do resemble tigers. It is also a good choice if your kitty has a fierce look about them.
- Mittens – Most common for cats with paws that are a different color from their body.