If you went to a concert last year, there’s a good chance it was to see one of these artists. According to the concert website pollstar, these were the top grossing tours of 2017.
- U2 – $316 million
- Guns N’ Roses – $292.5 million
- Coldplay – $238 million
- Bruno Mars – $200.1 million
- Metallica – $152.8 million
- Depeche Mode – $141.1 million
- Paul McCartney – $132 million
- Ed Sheeran – $124.1 million
- Rolling Stones – $120 million
- Garth Brooks – $101.4 million
Since the list is determined by total amount of money made, the cost of the ticket has a big impact. For example, U2 sold 2.71 million tickets compared to Guns n’ Roses’ 2.68 million. However, since U2 charged more than $40 more per ticket, that is what is responsible for the gap in the gross.